Serves: 3-4 people
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-45 mins
A spicy Mexican dish. Simple, smokey, chipotle pepper Mexican Chilli con Carne. Serve with sour cream and Cheddar cheese. even healthier if you substitute the beef mince for goat mince.
Recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood.com.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes with green chilli peppers
- 2 tins kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsps salt
- 2tsps ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsps hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar
- In a saute pan, brown the minced beef, onion and chipotle pepper sin 3 tablespoons of the adobo sauce. Drain well.
- In a large stockpan combine the beef mixture, tomatoes, kidney beans and spices.
- Adjust to your own tastebuds with the hot pepper sauce. Heat through and serve garnished with the grated Cheddar.