Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
It’s time to fill your sombreros! Gordon Rhodes’ Gourmet Chilled Out Chilli Con Carne Slow Cooker Sauce Mix is a relaxed and reliable way to make a deliciously rich Mexican style chilli con carne. With added crushed chilli seeds for that extra Arriba, the whole family will be taco’ing about how great this dish is.
Recipe adapted from Gordon Rhodes.
- 1 x Packet of Gourmet Chilled out Chilli Con Carne Sauce Mix
- 1 x 500g Beef, minced or diced
- 1 x Tin Red Kidney Beans
- 2 x Peppers, chopped
- 1 x Onion, chopped
- 1 x Tin (400g) Tomatoes
- 1 x 200ml Water
- 1 x Small Carton Sour Cream (Optional)
- 1 x Bag of Rice
- Place the minced/diced beef, red kidney beans, peppers and onion into your slow cooker pot.
- Mix the Chilli Sauce sachet with 200ml of water, add to the slow cooker pot, stir thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes and stir again.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on MEDIUM setting until the meat is tender and cooked through (keep covered during cooking, cooking times may vary between slow cooker models).
- Remove the lid and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice or on a bed of tortilla chips.