British Chicken Legs, reared to high welfare standards.
Recipe Suggestion: Jerk Spice-Rubbed Chicken Legs
1 4-inch piece cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon allspice berries
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
2 teaspoons whole cloves
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup olive oil
4 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whack cinnamon stick with the back side of a chef’s knife to break into small pieces.
- Toast cinnamon, allspice, peppercorns, and cloves in a dry small skillet over medium-high, tossing, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; let cook.
- Grind spices, brown sugar, thyme, and cayenne in spice mill or with mortar and pestle to a fine powder.
- Mix oil and 2 Tbsp. spice rub in a small bowl (save remaining rub for another use).
- Rub chicken legs with jerk spice mixture; season with salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown and cooked through, 30–35 minutes.
1. Species: 100% British Chicken
2. Origin: Great Britain, full traceability
3. Hygiene Standard: 5 Star Food & Hygiene rating through Cheshire East Council