Adult Male Goat Meat is the very best Goat product that we have to offer. Incredibly lean and full of flavour, it melts in your mouth – perfect for curries, tagines and all of your favourite recipes.
Adult Male Goat is also our rarest product, only in stock once or twice a year and usually pre-ordered. For the first time in well over two years we have a limited amount available to order online!
If you have previously enjoyed our Goat Diced OFF the bone product, or considered purchasing but not quite been persuaded, this meat is even better. Leaner. Meatier. Tastier. Goatier.
Jamaican Curried Goat:
Before embarking upon your Curry Goat (pictured at top), opinion is divided as to how to prepare the meat…
1Kg Goat Diced ON the bone
1 stalk escallion (replace with spring onion or brown onion)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 hot pepper
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
2 cups water
500g potatoes, peeled & cubed
- Season Goat with escallion, garlic, pepper, curry powder and salt and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (preferably overnight)
- Scrape seasonings from meat and set aside before putting meat to fry in 2 tbsp oil
- Brown the meat. Add about 2 cups of water and simmer until soft
- Add more water if necessary
- Return seasonings and add potatoes to the meat. Simmer until cooked for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with the same accompaniments as curried chicken
Serves 3-4 (or 1 hungry Jamaican!)
If any other customers have favourite recipes they would like to submit, please get in touch via email or our social media pages. We hearing about new and original ways to cook our meats!