Serves: 8 people
Preparation: 45 mins – 55 mins. Plus 4 hrs overnight marinating time
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 mins
Our Roast Rack of Kid Goat with Rosemary is the perfect showstopper for a dinner party.
- 2 racks of Kid Goat, French trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- a big stalk of rosemary, needles stripped off and roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp light olive oil
- Stand the racks of Kid in a china or glass baking dish, scatter the garlic and rosemary over the top, and drizzle with the olive oil. Leave to marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight if you have the time), turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to fan 200C/ conventional 220C/gas 7. Season the Kid generously with salt and pepper. Heat a large, heavy frying pan over a moderately high heat and brown two of the racks well on the meaty sides for about 1-2 minutes, then turn and brown the other sides for a further 1 minute. Finally, brown the ends briefly so that all of the exposed meat is seared. Remove and repeat with the remaining two racks.
- Put the racks in a large roasting tin, standing them in pairs with their bones interlinked. Roast for about 8 minutes for very pink meat, 10 minutes for medium and 12-15 minutes for well-done.
- Transfer the Kid to a warmed plate, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest in a warm place for about 5 minutes before carving (if you have to wait longer than this, you may want to return the Kid to the oven for a minute or so before serving, to bring back up to temperature). Carve into cutlets and serve the roast Rack of Kid Goat with Rosemary on warmed plates with either a spoonful of chickpea stew or butterbeans.