Serves: 4 people
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 mins
A great twist on the traditional sausage casserole—our Sausage & Bean Casserole is super easy, super fast and super tasty!
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 yellow & 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cooking chorizo sausages (about 400g)
- 8 pork sausages (about 4-500g)
- 1½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 125ml white wine
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- Couple sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 x 400g tin aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch chives (optional)
- To begin making the Sausage & Bean Casserole heat the olive or rapeseed oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Then add the celery and peppers and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Pop in the sausages and fry for 5 minutes, stir in the garlic, spices and dried thyme and continue cooking for 1 – 2 mins or until the aromas are released.
- Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any residue stuck to the pan. Add the tinned tomatoes, and fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the stock cube and stir in.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for a further five minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs, season with black pepper and serve.