Serves: 4 people
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 hours
Very tender diced goat – a mixture of shoulder and leg taken off the bone.
Great for casseroles, stews and curries. Cook low and slow for the best results.
- 1Kg Goat meat (ON or OFF the bone)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1.5 inch knob fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 cloves (whole)
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder (if using cayenne use a little less)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 Serrano pepper, minced
Add later (approx 1 hour before serving):
- 1 (28 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, add more to taste
- ½ – 1 cup water, depending on how thick you’d like the curry
- In a coffee grinder, finely grind cloves and cardamom.
- In crock pot, add all ingredients listed except tomatoes, water and garam masala (you will add this at the end).
- Set to high and cook for 4 hours – stirring the curry every hour or so.
- After four hours, add tomatoes, garam masala and water. Cook on high for another hour or until the meat is tender.