Serves: 4 people
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 mins
A warm, spicy casserole with lots of chilli flavours, and chorizo sausages and tomatoes. Guaranteed to warm up those wintery evenings.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, diced
- 1 Yellow pepper, diced1 Red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 250g Chorizo sausages
- 300g Kid Goat Merguez Sausages
- 2 tsp Chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- 45 ml Red wine vinegar
- 800g Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cube Beef stock
- 400 g Red kidney beans, drained and washed
- Fry the onion, celery, garlic and peppers and cook gently for 5 mins.
- Add the sausages and cook for 3 mins, then stir in the spices, Rock Salt, Black Pepper and thyme and continue cooking for 2 mins.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add the beef stock cube and stir in. Cook for 40 mins.
- Stir in the red kidney beans and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Serve with boiled rice and a fresh salad. Don’t forget the crusty bread to mop up the juices.