Chicken Breasts. Reared to high welfare standards.
Recipe Suggestion: Goats Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with Roasted Beetroot
1kg beetroot, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
2 tbsp thick balsamic vinegar
60g rindless goat’s cheese
60g lighter cream cheese
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves finely chopped
2 British chicken breasts
4 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
4 shallots, quartered lengthways
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the beetroot in a large roasting tin and pour over the 2 tbsp oil and vinegar. Season well, then toss together until coated. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the goat’s cheese, cream cheese, garlic, thyme and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Using a sharp knife, make a 4cm long incision in the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket, then stuff with the cheese mixture.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven. Add the rosemary and shallots to the tin and stir until coated in the beetroot cooking juices. Put the chicken on top of the veg, drizzle with extra olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden.
1. Species: 100% British Chicken
2. Origin: Great Britain, full traceability
3. Hygiene Standard: 5 Star Food & Hygiene rating through Cheshire East Council