DO WE SELL GOAT MEAT?
Sounds like a simple question but you’d be amazed how many times we get asked that. The answer is YES – we do sell goat meat and many other types of meat as well.
CAN WE DELIVER TO YOUR HOME OR PLACE OF WORK?
Yes we can – see our delivery page for more details!
WHO CAN BUY OUR MEAT?
Anyone who wants fresh, locally sourced, high quality meat. We sell to; restaurants, farmshops, bistros, butchers and of course the general public. You can also find us Rode Hall Farmers Market the first Saturday of every month and Nantwich Farmers Market on the last Saturday of every month. We also have a farmshop open Monday – Friday 9am until 5pm (weekends too, but hours vary), see our Cafe & Shop Page.
DO WE HAVE A FARMSHOP?
Yes we have a Butcher’s Shop and Cafe. Please see our Cafe & Shop page for details about our opening hours. We have many products available in our shop on a daily basis, however as our usual method of working is to cut everything fresh to order if you want something specific we advise ordering in advance so we can get it prepared for you.
HOW CAN I PLACE AN ORDER?
There are 3 ways to place an order with us:
- Via our website – this is the best way, for your convenience and ours as we do not always have every cut available in our Butcher’s shop front.
- Over the telephone – 01270 524 750, we are happy to answer any questions you may have, you may also place an order out of hours on our answering machine.
- Via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW IS IT BEST TO PLACE AN ORDER?
The easiest and most effective way to place an order is via our website – you’ll also be guaranteed to get our latest web exclusive offers and discounts which we cannot provide otherwise. Simply click through the pages and add your items to the shopping basket.
If you have any questions or would prefer to speak to someone in person then simply give us a call (01270 524 750) or contact us via the Contact Us page.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY ORDER?
All orders must be paid for in advance of dispatch. Our website redirects you through a secure payment gateway – when you have finished adding products to your cart you will be redirected via a “Pay Now” button to the Retail Merchant Services Virtual Terminal. Simply enter your card details, ensure your invoice and billing details are correct and RMS will do the rest.
We can also accept payments via PayPal – checkout through the website and choose PayPal as your preferred method (this is the only way we can accept American Express Cards).
When ordering by phone we will take your card details over the phone and process payment upon dispatch.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR INVOICE ADDRESS DOES NOT MATCH THE ADDRESS REGISTERED TO YOUR PAYMENT CARD, THE TRANSACTION WILL BE DECLINED.
HOW WILL YOU GET MY ORDER TO ME?
If you’re local then you are welcome to place your order and collect it in person from the farm – simply tick the “Collect from farm” box at checkout. For all other customers your meat will be despatched in an ice box (like a mini fridge) with ice sheets and sent via DHL Overnight Courier. The meat comes packed and labelled fresh for your freezer. Remember to specify a safe place to leave your order in the comments field at checkout in case you’re out when the courier delivers. Please see our Delivery page for further details.
CAN I ORDER FRESH & FROZEN MEATS?
Yes you can. However we do advise against this as this puts extreme pressure on the frozen elements of your order. They run the risk of defrosting in transit and needing to be cooked immediately. If you have any queries about whether a product is fresh or frozen, please give us a call on 01270 524750 for more information. IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO RECEIVE YOUR WHOLE ORDER FROZEN, PLEASE SPECIFY THIS IN THE COMMENTS BOX AT CHECKOUT.
DO YOU JUST SELL GOAT MEAT?
- No, Chestnut Meats offers a wide variety of other meats – check out our category pages for our latest offerings. Our only stipulation is that all our meat is fresh, locally sourced and high quality (some products will at times be dispatched frozen – they will still be frozen when they are delivered so can be put straight into your freezer or defrosted and used that day).
- We also offer a butchery service – we are able to cut and process your Lambs, Sheep, Pigs and/or Beef animals to meet your individual requirements. Your meat will be labelled and packed ready for you to sell on. Give us a call on 01270 524750 for more information.
- Chestnut Meats are also caterers (Nantwich Hog Roasts); providing a hog, lamb or goat roast facility, which is available for any occasion and will cater for up to 140 people. In addition Chestnut meats can provide meat suitable for BBQ’s such as burgers, sausages and ribs. For more information on our sister company Nantwich Hog Roasts Click HERE
HOW DO I COOK GOAT?
All new orders are sent out with a leaflet advising you on the best way to cook different cuts of goat to ensure you get get the full potential out of your meat. Our website also features recipes to provide added inspiration. Got your own favourite recipe? We’d love to hear about it and share it in the recipe section on the website.
WHAT DO I DO IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?
- If there is a problem with your order, before you have been notified about dispatch, please call us on 01270 524750 quoting your name and order number.
- If the problem is related to your delivery, please see our Delivery Information page.
- If there is a problem with the meats that you have received: Please note, due to the perishable nature of our goods we can only refund goods after dispatch if they are found to be faulty. Where a claim of defect or damage is made, we will ask you to provide written and photographic evidence to substantiate your claim. The Buyer shall be entitled to a replacement or a full refund (including delivery costs) if the goods are in fact defective and/or need to be returned.