Spanish Goat Diced ON the bone, full of flavour, a mixture of Shoulder, Loin, Neck, Shank and Breast. ON the bone is the authentic way of cooking goat meat, it provides a greater depth of flavour as well as cooking slightly quicker.
Recipe Suggestion: Jamaican Curry Goat
3 Hours + Marinating Overnight
This Jamaican goat curry recipe is a great introduction to eating goat. If you can’t get Jamaican curry powder use a mild Madras powder and add a pinch of ground allspice
Spanish Goat Diced ON the bone, 1kg
Jamaican curry powder (try Dunn’s River) 4 tbsp
garlic 4 cloves, and 2 crushed
oil for frying
onion 1 large, chopped
scotch bonnet chilli 1, seeded and finely chopped
thyme 3 sprigs, leaves picked
tomatoes 4, roughly chopped
light chicken stock 600ml
waxy potatoes 300g, peeledand cut into chunks
rice to serve
- The day before, mix the goat meat with 2 tbsp of the curry powder, the whole bashed garlic cloves, a good grinding of black pepper and 1 tsp salt. Cover and leave to marinate overnight.
- The next day, heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Add 2 tbsp oil to a large ovenproof pan with a lid. Add the marinated meat in batches, discarding the whole garlic, and brown all over. Scoop out onto a plate once browned.
- Add the crushed garlic, onion and scotch bonnet to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes until softened.
- Return the meat to the pan with the thyme leaves, tomatoes and stock. Put on a lid and transfer to the oven for 2½ hours.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for another 30 minutes. Serve with rice.
This product is a frozen product with 2 years freezer life. Imported from Spain, these Goats free roam the mountains of Spain, a true free range product, certified to BRC standards with FULL TRACEABILITY. This product is suitable for Halal customers. No returns are accepted for this product.
Please note – as the meat is cut through a bandsaw there may on occasion be small shards of bone – please be aware of this when cooking and serving your dish
- Species: Goat
- Origin: Spain
- Slaughter: Halal Slaughtered at ES10.14959/SE