Premium Goat Leg Diced OFF the bone, incredibly lean and full of flavour. Spanish Free Range Goat, BRC accredited and Halal certified.
Very lean leg of goat diced off the bone.
Great for casseroles, stews and curries. Cook low and slow for the best results.
This product is a frozen product with 2 years freezer life. Imported from Spain, these Goats free roam the mountains of Spain, a true free range product, certified to BRC standards with FULL TRACEABILITY. This product is suitable for Halal customers. No returns are accepted for this product.
BBC GOOD FOOD: TENDER GOAT CURRY
Goat curry, pictured above (5 star rating)
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 3 hours
1 large onion, roughly chopped
10 garlic clove
100g ginger, chopped
100ml vegetable oil
2 scotch bonnet chillies, chopped
small handful curry leaves
3 thyme sprigs
4 tbsp mild curry powder
1Kg Mutton or Goat shoulder, diced
400g can chopped tomato
300ml lamb or beef stock
410g can pinto, kidney or black-eyed beans
juice ½ lemon
small bunch coriander, chopped
warmed roti (Jamaican flatbread ) and rice, to serve
- Place the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and blend to a purée. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish, add the onion mixture and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the chillies, curry leaves, thyme, curry powder and 2 tsp salt. Cook for 2-3 mins until fragrant.
- Tip the mutton or goat into the pan. Cook for 5 mins over a medium-high heat until the meat has browned. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Increase the heat, bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins. Reduce heat, cover and leave to simmer gently for 2½ hrs – remove the lid for the final 30 mins of cooking.
- Add the beans to heat through, plus more chilli if you want it spicier. After 5 mins more, remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice and coriander, and stir well. Serve with warmed roti and rice.
- Species: 100% Goat Meat
- Origin: Spain
- Slaughter: Halal Slaughtered at ES10.14959/SE
- Processing: Deboned & Diced at ES10.025341/MA