Not as meaty as our diced on the bone with a higher fat content than normal as it’s taken from the loin/chops, neck and shank – but tasty in curries. Will be diced into 2-3 inch pieces.
Please note – as the meat is cut through a bandsaw there may on occasion be small shards of bone – please be aware of this when cooking and serving your dish
Jamaican Curried Goat:
Before embarking upon your Curry Goat (pictured at top), opinion is divided as to how to prepare the meat…
1Kg Goat Diced ON the bone
1 stalk escallion (replace with spring onion or brown onion)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 hot pepper
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
2 cups water
500g potatoes, peeled & cubed
- Season Goat with escallion, garlic, pepper, curry powder and salt and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (preferably overnight)
- Scrape seasonings from meat and set aside before putting meat to fry in 2 tbsp oil
- Brown the meat. Add about 2 cups of water and simmer until soft
- Add more water if necessary
- Return seasonings and add potatoes to the meat. Simmer until cooked for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with the same accompaniments as curried chicken
Serves 3-4 (or 1 hungry Jamaican!)
If any other customers have favourite recipes they would like to submit, please get in touch via email or our social media pages. We hearing about new and original ways to cook our meats!